St. Rose High School

607 7th Ave, Belmar, NJ 07719 | p: 732-681-2858

Connect:

EmailFacebookPinterestTwitter

Login to:


Guidance and Advising

The staff consists of fully certified school counselors who hold Master's degrees in their field and who regularly attend professional conferences and workshops to enhance their skills and continue their education.

Carly Londrigan, Director of Guidance

Christine Fallon,Counselor
Justin Sauer,
Counselor
Ann Pfister-Brown,
Counselor
Doris Valenti,
Counselor
Gloria Ghoneim,
Social Worker
Jerry Joyce,
Student Assistance Counselor
Gayle Ross,
Guidance Secretary


College Guidance: As a college preparatory school, St. Rose High School can boast 100% of its graduating class is accepted to college. More than 90% will attend a 4-year institution while the remaining 10% will pursue a degree at a community college with most transferring to a four year school after receiving an Associate's Degree.


The Guidance Department begins discussing post-high school plans during the freshmen year. Freshmen complete a career interest inventory online using the Naviance software system, and they begin to learn to use Naviance as an important resource for career and college information. During their sophomore year, students will advance their knowledge of Naviance in both group and individual meetings with their counselors. In the junior year, the counselors will meet with students individually and in class meetings. They will hold a mandatory student/parent conference in the spring of junior year to review important college decision-making timelines, the specific St. Rose High School procedures for the college admissions process, and will conduct a more advanced discussion of the use of Naviance in the college decision-making process. In the senior year, the counselors will work continuously with their students on their college choices. They will review applications, essays, and all supporting documentation to insure the best outcome for each student.


Freshmen Counseling: Each counselor works diligently with their assigned Freshmen in order to assist them in making the most of their high school experience. Counselors meet with freshmen individually and in groups to discuss academic, personal and social issues. A major topic in the guidance curriculum for all four years of high school is introduced in the freshmen year: The "Signs of Suicide" (SOS) program teaches freshmen to Acknowledge, Care and Tell (A.C.T.) when a friend or loved one is exhibiting the signs of depression. Counselors will review the S.O.S. program topics in group sessions during each succeeding year of high school.

powered by finalsite