Becoming a Saint Rose Graduate
Academic requirements for admission exist for certain courses at SRHS. No student may take a course without fulfilling these qualifications. Because the school schedules for a school year in the previous spring, the student's first semester marks determine placement for the following year. Placement rests on past performance and, in some cases, standardized testing. See the 2016-2017 Course Selection Guide for greater detail and course descriptions.
- 4 years of Religion
- 4 years of English
- 4 years of Mathematics
- 3 years of Science
- 3 years of Social Studies
- 1 class retreat yearly
- 2 1/2 years of Physical Education/Health and Driver Education
- 2 sequential years of World Language (colleges prefer 3 years)
- 1 year of fine or performing arts
- Elective courses are required for a total of 138 credits in order to graduate.
- SRHS requires a specific service component as a graduation requirement.
- College acceptance is required to graduate.
- Students must register for seven courses each semester.
- Each student must have an assigned lunch period.