A Brief History - 90 Years in the Making
The Parish of St. Rose and the Sisters of Saint Joseph founded St. Rose High School in 1923 under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Church, Diocese of Trenton. The school began in what all fondly refer to as "the red brick," a two story building on 8th Avenue & E Street.
During the mid 1950's, Monsignor Teston began construction on the present 7th Avenue site. Monsignor's building projects progressed through completion in the late 1960's.
A tragic fire in 1980 necessitated the construction of a new gym, locker and weight rooms, offices and connections to the other school areas.
Two 1990's gifts of Wall Township acreage from Mr. Edward Brown and Mr. Richard Schulz allowed for creation of a much needed outdoor athletic facilities.
Purchased in 2009, the planned development of the property at the corners of 8th and Main Streets will secure SRHS well into the 21st century.
The "place" however means little without the "people!" Working in close collaboration the Sisters, lay administrators, faculty and staff dedicate themselves to Catholic education and academic excellence.