St. Rose High School provides a Catholic education based upon Gospel values and academic excellence. Founded by the Parish community of St. Rose Church and nurtured by the charism of the Sisters of St. Joseph, a St. Rose education instills a spirit of unity with God and others while preparing our students to be disciples of Christ and leaders of tomorrow. (SRHS Mission Statement)
St. Rose High School, a Catholic, co-educational high school located in Belmar, NJ, is seeking a dynamic educator and administrator to assume the role of Principal beginning July 1, 2017.
Working in a President/Principal model and under the supervision of the President, the Principal supports and implements the mission and philosophy of St. Rose High School and works cooperatively with the Vice Principal for Academics, Dean of Students, the Director of Guidance, and the Director of Athletics in administering school policies and procedures. A vision of 21st century, global education steeped in Catholic identity and focused on academics, curriculum and instruction, and technology is essential. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of publics and above all, understand and enjoy Catholic high school students and be able to lead them.
The successful candidate will be a strong academic leader with excellent technology and communication skills and able to assess and evaluate curriculum in a block schedule; conduct clinical supervisions; evaluate and supervise a successful and strong athletic and co-curricular program; attend all school activities and events; be confident and effective in a collaborative leadership model; experienced in block scheduling; and committed to the success of students and faculty alike.
Educational & Professional Requirements
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing and act as a role model for students and teachers alike
- Hold a Master’s degree in Administration/Educational Leadership and NJ Principal Certification or be eligible for certification
- Have 3-5 years’ experience in Administration preferably in Catholic School
- Have 3-5 years teaching experience preferably in Catholic School
In addition to a cover letter and resume, interested applicants must submit:
- A completed Application for Employment
- A letter from your Pastor
- Copies of all certifications
- A brief (no more than one page) response explaining your understanding of the role of a principal in the President/Principal model.